All About Papaya
Varieties available: Golden, Formosa
Native to South of Mexico and neighbor countries nowadays is cultivated in most of the tropical countries and in the USA, where it was introduced first in Florida, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and in Virgin Islands also very common in Dominica and the rest of the Caribbean.
Aside from being delicious to Papaya also contain, abundant health benefits and medicinal value. Papaya contains natural fiber, carotene, vitamin C and essential minerals. Papaya can be eaten as a fruit, a smoothie or even a milkshake, and also contain enzymes like arginine and carpain. Arginine is an amino acid, it is essential for male fertility while carpain is said to be good for our heart.
What is Papaya
Papaya is the fruit of the papaya tree, from the gender of Carica, more exactly Carica Papaya. In Angola and Mozambique they use the term mamão/ mamoeiro to identify the rounded fruit, and papaya/ papaiera for the elongated one.
Papayas are oval berries with soft yellow- green skin. Its pulp is deep orange color, sweet and soft. It has its central cavity full of black rough seeds.
Papayas are eaten fresh in salads or juices. It has a high content of papaine, a protheolic enzyme, used in gastrointestinal treatments medicines and the absorption bruises.
Papaya for the Beauty
There are products came from Papaya which is used in many skin lightening creams. Lotions or creams that contain papaya are used to lighter or fairer skin. Papaya is used also in treatment for acne. Papaya is well known to makes the skin glow. The enzyme called papain can be found in Papaya which helps to dissolve dead skin, thus making a fresh and clean glow face.
Papaya for Anti-aging
Papaya fruit helps lowers cholesterol levels and its high in fiber. Papaya is rich in antioxidants that greatly help prevents the cholesterol from oxidizing. If cholesterol in the body gets oxidized, it will lead to heart-attacks. Eating papaya helps prevent anti-aging since it is rich in anti-oxidants.
• Papaya juice helps in alleviating infections of the colon by clearing away the infection, pus and mucus. Regular consumption will help in improving the problem.
• The skin of papaya is excellent for treating skin wounds and places that do not heal quickly.
• Papaya is low in calories and high in nutritive value hence it is an excellent food for those on a diet.
• Papaya contains a high amount of potassium and the flesh of papaya is very high in Vitamin A.
• Regularly consuming papaya helps to relieve morning sickness and nausea.
• Papaya has anti-inflammatory properties and anti-cancerous properties. The anti-inflammatory properties in papaya will help reduce pain for those suffering from arthritis, edema and osteoporosis.
• Papaya is very good for those who frequently suffer from cold, cough or flu because intake of papaya boosts the immune system. The high concentration of Vitamin C and Vitamin A contained in papaya is very beneficial to strengthen the immune system.
• Papaya is also very good for the hair and helps in controlling dandruff. Papaya shampoos are good for the hair and are available in many health stores.
• Raw papaya also helps in reducing menstrual irregularities for women. Papaya helps to ease the condition by promoting natural flow of menstruation.
• Papaya cleans the stomach and studies have shown that papaya alone eaten for 3 to 4 days has a highly beneficial tonic effect upon the stomach and intestines.
• Papaya seeds and leaves are useful in treating intestinal worms found in the body.
Papaya is very important fruits all of its body parts, from seeds leaves and fruits are very beneficial to humans. The whole fruit from inside and the outside can be utilized and no part of the fruit is useless.
Papaya can be grown in backyard and easy to grow, everybody must learn to love eating papaya, except from savoring taste it is very good to our health too.
source : http://philippinemedicinalplants.blogspot.com